Saturday 5 January 2013

Finally watched the Death Note anime

After about six months of deciding that I wanted to watch the Death Note anime, I finally watched it.

Why did I take so long to watch it? I was probably procrastinating.

But after watching the Ace Attorney movie, I have decided to watch the anime, and I did. I started watching it exactly a week ago and I finish watching the whole show yesterday.

It was not bad. It had some really good mind games, rivalries and some really good plans that were well thought out and made sense (in the Death Note universe of course).

This show brings up the question 'What would happen if one of the brightest young minds in the world with a sense of justice is given a notebook that can kill just by writing the name of the person and having his/her face in mind?'

In this case, that young mind is 17 year old Light Yagami. After testing out the notebook and realise that the killing power is real, he starts killing criminals one by one, until the Interpol realised that the heart attacks received by the criminals are too coincidental. They asked L, one of the three greatest detectives in the world to solve this case. From there, the rivalries, mind games, and tactics begin.

While I could review this anime, I think that this review of the anime from Youtube should suffice.


The problem (not too big problem though) with the show is as said in the review - they try to make some scenes in the anime unnecessarily over the top/epic, which backfires as it's actually hilarious as hell to watch.

I mean, I would never thought that writing something would look epic, and this show proved otherwise. But, I don't see the point of writing it in that manner, and if I do see a person writes like this I would most likely laugh at how unnecessary it is even though his/her writing ends up to be good or neat.

Another scene which was suppose to be epic and end up being hilarious is the infamous moment where Light takes a potato chip, and eat it. The emphasis of the eating of that one piece of potato chip was really unnecessary. But hey, at least it turned out to be one rather funny moment.

I guess that's all I have to say about the show. As for the next anime I plan to watch, it'll most likely be Fate/Zero. When will I actually watch it I dunno.

By the way, Near has some really awesome toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment