Tuesday 4 December 2012

Having some events and stuff going on

First off, I got the results for the units I took this semester. I passed every unit (yay!), but the way the results was presented to me nearly gave me a shock.

So, there were a few columns in the table. The one that I was looking at was the 'unit name' and 'grade' column. Then I saw:
Biotech - C
Biology - D
Chemistry - HD
Statistics - D

I was like 'Fuck! A 'D' for Bio and Stats? I am so dead!'. I panicked a while, then I saw a column saying 'marks' next to the 'grades' column. And then it all made sense (somehow):

Biotech - C .             67
Biology - D               78
Chemistry - HD        82
Statistics - D             74

I thought 'How is 67 a 'C' and 78 a 'D?', then I finally realised that a 'C' stands for 'Credit' and 'D' stands for 'Distinction', 'HD' being 'High Distinction', not 'High Definition'. In short, I did pretty decently for this semester and my current CGPA is 3.0. Let's hope the CGPA is maintained or even improved on throughout my uni life.

I somehow knew how my unit grade will end up like after finishing my exams. I knew that Chemistry and Biology would be the two highest scoring units this sem, and that Biotech will be my lowest. I just don't know the grades I will get for those units. It's a good thing it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So I'm pretty satisfied with my marks.

Even though some of my friends aren't satisfied with their grades despite doing better than me I don't really mind. They have their mind set on a goal, and I didn't have any goals for this semester, really, other than to not fail anything. Maybe that's how I do things. I start off slowly, and get progressively better. As long as there's improvement in grades, I'm happy about it because there is improvement.

So now I can enjoy the rest of the month of December month in peace. I'm heading to Singapore tomorrow, visiting my friend and staying at his house for a week.

Also, another thing. The world finals of the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary will be on this weekend, live from the US. This is something I really look forward to. I want to see who will take the crown for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver.2012 and Street Fighter III Third Strike. The finals in on the 8th of December but the schedules of the event is not out yet. When is out, I'll see whether I have to stay up late to watch who will win.

And I guess that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment